FLORIDA CRIMINAL DEFENSE ATTORNEYS - Law Firm covering Broward, Miami-Dade and Palm Beach



Ft. Lauderdale Office
1132 SE Third Avenue
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316

Miami Office
701 Brickell Avenue
Suite #1550
Miami, FL 33131

Boca Raton Office
2385 NW Executive Center Drive
Suite 100
Boca Raton, FL 33431

Contact Us
Toll-Free 24/7: 1-844-49-LEGAL
Palm Beach:561-962-3531




Q. I am a victim of domestic violence and I do not want to press charges, can I have the charges dropped?

A. You can request that the charges be dropped.  However, in reality, the prosecution will not drop the charges.  Most likely, a victim already gave a statement to the police that caused their spouse to be arrested.  If you go back and say the crime never happened, then you could be in trouble for giving a false police report.  A prosecutor can force you to testify.

Q. I want my spouse to come back home, is it possible to tell the judge to lift the No Contact Order?

A. Judges are very reluctant to lift a No Contact Order.  The reason is because they do no want to be on the news if something bad happens when the Defendant goes back home.  A judge is more likely to lift the No Contact Order once a defendant completes at least one-half of the 26 week anger management course. 

Q. Can I avoid going through the anger management program if I was charged with domestic violence?

A. Yes.  However, the only way to avoid this is by having your case dismissed or winning your case              at trial.  Otherwise, you will have to complete the anger management course.

Q. Am I required to call the State Attorney’s Office if they send me letters or leave messages on my voice mail?

A. The only legal requirement that you have to comply with is a subpoena.  The letters received from the State Attorney’s Office are just an informal way to keep you advised.  The same with telephone calls.  You can ignore both.  However, you should never ignore a subpoena.  If you do, you could be put in jail.

Q. if I am the victim in a domestic violence case, can I hire an attorney for my spouse who is the defendant?

A. Yes.  Typically, the spouse of the defendant contacts our office to hire us.  Obviously, we cannot give the victim legal advice or tell them to drop the case.  However, we can assist the victim who hires us in contacting the State Attorney’s Office.

Q. How much does your office charge for domestic violence representation?

A. Our fees start at $750.00 and go up to $3,500.00 depending upon the work involved.  We usually charge a flat fee.  Most cases can be resolved for $1,500.00.  We allow a small payment plan if you can make a down payment.


Please fill out the form for a FREE case evaluation




Tell us about your case:

Are you a human being?
Incorrect please try again
Enter the words above: Enter the numbers you hear:


Home | Firm Overview | Resource Links | Our Case Dismissals | Contact us | FAQ's

Copyright 2014 - O'Toole Law Firm

The Attorneys at O'Toole Law Firm proudly serve the state of Florida including the areas of Fort Lauderdale, Miami - Dade, Palm Beach, and Naples
Fort Lauderdale Criminal Defense Lawyers for Miami, Dade, Palm Beach & Broward FL

Some Florida cities covered by our criminal defense lawyers are:

Coconut Creek, Coral Springs, Dania, Davie, Deerfield Beach, Fort Lauderdale, Hallandale, Lauderhill, Lighthouse Point, Margate, Miramar, Oakland Park, Parkland, Pembroke Pines, Plantation, Pompano Beach, Sunrise, Tamarac, Weston, Wilton Manors, Aventura, Coconut Grove, Coral Gables,
Hialeah, Homestead, Kendall, Key Biscayne, Miami, Naples, Boca Raton, Boynton Beach, Delray Beach, Jupiter, Lake Worth, Palm Beach

Contact Top Criminal Defense Attorneys